Sunday, February 21, 2010

The latest

Hey all-

I know, I know... no updates. I was reading my friend's blog and was inspired to post. I've come to realize that blogs are only as good as their pictures. So sit back and enjoy the text...

I've tried to provide interesting stories and anecdotes about batg and the people involved, but sadly the show hasn't aired here in the states in quite some time. I haven't heard anything about additional seasons, so who knows. The best I can do is a little where are they now:

-Karl is in Chicago getting his PharmD. It's not the same here in LA without him, but I have a feeling he'll end up coming back here. He may be in love... :)
-Brit is in NYC. She's doing well and sees celebs all the time. I think she applied to be on the bachelor... we'll see how it turns out!
-Danielle is getting her degree in nursing. I get occasional calls about boys and see her when I'm in town, but I definitely owe her a call.
-I saw Nadia (season 3) the other day at her work here in LA. She's originally from Chicago too and has been hanging out with a famous athlete. I was excited for her when she told me, although you never know with those kinds of situations.
-I'm probably going to see Cara (season 5) next weekend for her friend's bday. It's been a while so it'll be good to catch up with her.
-David Olsen (season 4 winner) visited us here in LA. He was hanging with his Survivor friends. Through him, we got to go to the Survivor finale party. We met a guy who was on the bachelor. He was a smooth talking, suave guy. It's not a surprise they chose him.
-Oh ya! I saw Tyson (season 2) last night at the magic castle. We were invited by John George (http://www.johngeorge.com/) who is an amazing magician. It was good to catch up with Tyson. He may be moving back to the west coast, so hopefully we'll see him more often.

That's about it for updates on the batg front. I recently joined a new company, Roll International (http://www.roll.com/). It's a great company with awesome people -- I couldn't be happier. [aside: I wonder if I write our products on here, if it'll show up on my Google alerts. Let's try: Fiji Water, POM Wonderful, Cuties Oranges, Wonderful Pistaccios... I'll report back].

Update: I made it into Google alerts!! I thought certainly I wouldn't generate enough traffic to warrant it, but apparently Google is insensitive to how boring my blog is. Ok, that's all for now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Clint said...

Yep, you showed up in alerts for those products -- Welcome to Roll.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Brittany on a sitcom not too long ago. She was an extra sitting at a table in some club but it was definitely her.

Did she not mention it to you?

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

For the second poster, that was definitely her. She lived in LA for about 8 months and tried her hand at the acting thing before moving to NYC. She did a variety of background work, from 90210 to Entourage and many others.

As for the third poster, reply with questions and I'll be happy to answer them. What details do you want to know?

I don't check the blog as often as I used to, since there's not muching happening in the world of batg any more.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Patrick said...

Hi Joe!

I actually commented on your earlier post, but considering it was 3 years ago, I thought maybe I'd move up in case you didn't notice it.

My name is Patrick, and I happened to come across your blog as I was doing some research on Keystone. I'm considering entering into consulting as a career path, and would be really interested in learning more about your experiences and your time at Keystone as well.

If possible, I'd love the opportunity to maybe get in touch over e-mail.

Btw batg rocked.. I've actually met Tyson through an organization and he is definitely one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

Best,
Patrick

3:17 PM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

Patrick, drop me a line on LinkedIn or Facebook or something. I don't check the blog regularly any more. I'd be happy to talk to you about Keystone and consulting. Same goes for the other two people out there (mom/dad) that still read this blog.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home