Sunday, December 23, 2007

Quick update on me

I know most of you read this for the juice gossip on batg. Unfortunately, being 2 seasons removed now means I know less people involved in the whole process, but it has still turned out to be quite the fraternity (?) or rather alumni club. Do you like my self-editing as I go? I am actually still really close with Nadia from season 3 as well. But part of the reason I talk to her semi-regularly is because she too recently moved to LA. Right around the same time I did. I must have mentioned that in a previous post, but if I didn't... oops. I moved out here after I graduated. Well, that's not completely true. I took a two week vacation first. Went to London, then Girona Spain, then Barcelona, then Prague and finally Belgium for a night before heading home. I really liked Barcelona and Prague, although Belgium was probably the best. Played chess in some bar/restaurant against really good players, boughts tons of chocolate and ate yummy french/belgium food. I actually don't have any pics from the trip, but I imagine my sisters do. Maybe I can track those down. Probably time for a new paragraph eh?

So I moved to LA in September. I'm really enjoying. Got an amazing pad with 4 of my buddies. 4300 sq ft in Century City. Couldn't ask for anything better. Right now, one of my roommates is playing Mass Effect on the 60 inch tv. It's an amazing game. Halo meets rpg. A little overcomplicated inventory, but great gameplay, story and graphics. I like the concept of leveling up. In fact my roommate and I talked about how leveling up characters can be more rewarding quicker than leveling yourself up. I don't think I'm expressing it clearly, so I'll move on, but I'm sure you D&D people know what I'm talking about. Speaking of, Karl got me playing. I hadn't played since I was a kid. Like decades ago. Can I say that about a single decade+? Anyhow, I'm enjoying it but it's a little slow and I began to realized like my other roommates who tried playing it with us, is that we're at an age where we need to be productive and can't sit around pretending to have 18 strength. Well, we can wish right? haha. But it's a good time nevertheless. I found out Dave from batg4 plays too. I told him we should join forces some day to try it. A boy can only dream.

So living it up in LA. It's kind of sad not having as many friends and connections and knowledge and invitations, but it did take me like 9 years in Chicago to develop that, so hopefully it won't take me as long here. I don't think I've really been to a true LA club, but I'm sure I will at some point. I'm not much for clubs anyhow. But I notice they don't have many chill lounges like Chicago does either. Mostly restaurants with liquor licenses and some clubs/bars. I also don't like how they don't have a good assortment of gyms. Let me explain. LA has the lower end ones, like 24 hour fitness and LA fitness and Ballys and Powerhouse... you get the point. They are all like 20-45 bucks a month. Something like that. Then there's Bodies in motion for $60 bucks. I'll probably join that one at some point. But then it jumps to $130 a month for equinox and $170 for la fitness club. I'm no economist, but David Barton needs to open one here and price it right between the 60 and 130. I'd definitely join. Someone talk to them about that, ok?

Apple pan. Supposed to be a great LA burger. Eh. Bad service and only decent. In and Out. ok. Overrated for sure. Islands. Love it. Big burgers, slightly higher priced but worth it. I get this teryaki chicken w/ pineapple and swiss that's amazing. I could talk food for hours. Any chance I could get paid for that? I love food network too. I like Iron Chef, more out of awe than anything else. I got to watching top chef a little. It's much more palatable dishes than Iron Chef, but not the same sense of urgency. I'm going to try to make red snapper tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I can't believe the Bears suck this year. Who would have thought? I know that whole statistic about the losing superbowl team (wait, do I owe money for saying superbowl?), but I thought they'd at least be .500. I could talk sports forever too, but I don't imagine anyone wants to read that here either.

I think this is a good start for me getting back in the swing of posting again. If I get just one comment, I'll keep posting. I had no idea people were still checking this. Thanks for reading the most boringest blog ever. You rock, whoever you are anonymous.

3 Comments:

Blogger GatorGirlintheCity said...

Hello from a reader in Jax, FL!

I did live in Chicago for a while though so I feel you on a lot of those chicago related postings!

Thanks for the updates! Good luck in LA!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still read your blog! As you said, I started for the BATG dirt, but you're a good writer, so I've continued. So keep posting!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Just when I thought it was all over, you return with not one but three posts!

Keep it up Joe, a lot of us still read your blog.

UberGeorge.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home