Monday, August 03, 2009

Updates, Life, Etc.

Hey all-

An update is well over due... to the boringest blog in the world.

So I'm still living in Los Angeles working for an amazing consulting firm called Keystone Strategy (www.keystonestrategy.com). We are always hiring superstars if you know anyone who is interested. I can't say enough good things about the impact and work that we do on a daily basis.

On to the interesting stuff. So I had dinner the other night with Cara and one of the story producers from her season (5 I think; they all blur together for me). We had some Mexican food at a place in Beverly Hills that was frankly mediocre at best. I won't even give them a shout out because they charged us for a pepsi we didn't order or drink. Oh well. So the point is that I learned that Beauty and the Geek (batg) was possibly picked up for a 6th season. I thought they had opted to end it, but apparently they just needed to find a new home. The rumor was that it'll be on VH1, but I honestly can't confirm/deny either way. We'll have to see. The show has been played out quite a bit, but I could see it being a huge hit on VH1. I think we got more attention and fandom from MTV and VH1, than we did from the WB (now CW). So either way, that's exciting if the franchise lives on. I really do feel like shows that provide a benefit to society (I know... it's arguable) should be subsidized and made sure they continue on. The prime example is Home Makeover. That show is great for what they do even if it's become trite and formulaic.

I digress. So apparently seasons are still starting in other geographies. I got a message from Australia from someone asking me for advice. That's great that the show has penetrated other markets so well. I've gotten messages from all throughout Europe too about seasons there. I think there's even a worldwide batg alumni group on facebook. I never check it, but I remember signing up for it. Now that I mention it, there's quite a weird alumni network from batg. I don't know if other reality shows are like this, but it's pretty cool. I still talk to many people from my season and have become good friends with many others. Over time, it's harder to stay up with everyone, but I try to check in periodically. Here's a quick update of my batg interactions (hopefully no one minds me sharing their whereabouts):

Wes: Moved out east sadly. Was in LA and decided to go back to his SW roots.
Brittany: Lives less than 1 mile away. She's working her way up through the acting scene. She just got her third SAG voucher the other day.
Danielle: Just got accepted to nursing school. She's been working as a librarian but is looking forward to the career change. She's single too guys! (Hopefully she doesn't mind me saying that).
Tristin: Sadly I don't talk to her much any more these days, but I check in on Facebook occasionally. Still living in IL methinks.
Chris: He's doing well. Working for a talent agency here in LA. I see him from time to time.
Amanda: I texted her when I was in Chicago. She was out of town but it was good to chat with her briefly. It sounds like she's doing well.
Nadia: Has been doing well out here in LA and I see her sometimes. She came to a party at my house not too long ago.
Cara: She's doing well working for William Morris in LA. She's one of my good friends out here.
Nikky: She's also at William Morris out here. I never see her any more, but it seems like she's doing really well. I hope to hang out with her soon.

I'm sure there's some people that I'm missing, but that should suffice for now. It'd be fun to do a 'where are they now' episode. I don't know what I wrote in earlier posts, so I'll include some other run-ins here. I ran into Richard from season one at the Really awards a while back. I ran into Lauren a long time ago, but not managed to hang out again sadly. I talked to Sarah a few months ago and it sounds like she's doing well. Been working as a dental assistant and living in Florida (she may have moved, not sure). I got invited to an event by Cher, but sadly had to go out of town and couldn't attend. Josh is MIA, but hopefully doing well here in LA. I spoke with some of the season 5 peeps on facebook, but only met a few. I'm sure there's others, but I'll move on.

That's about all. If you have questions or comments, leave me a msg here. I'll try to be more attentive. Stay in touch (that includes you mom!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the update.

As for the new season, I'm worried that they're going to be casting the types of women they cast on other VH1 reality shows which will completely ruin the spirit of the show.

BATG is my favorite show on tv so I'm really hoping they don't ruin it with too many changes, but I just know they will. sniff.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home