Friday, February 23, 2007

Season 3 is over already?

Well Beauty and the Geek Season 3 flew by this year. I think the fact that they had two episodes on the first night and barely skipped any weeks with new episodes made for a really quick season. Everyone I spoke to was somewhat disappointed with this season. From a producer of my season to relatives of a cast member from my season to a fellow cast member this season... the list goes on.

I really only got a chance to hang out with Nadia and occasionally Erin this season. Nadia is an absolutely awesome person and should have won. No slight to Megan. Erin was a really cool chick as well. I missed the night at Drew's family's restaurant unfortunately. I saw Megan on the premiere episode party... I heard she was engaged. I'm not sure why that didn't make it into the reunion episode. In fact, I'm not sure why a lot of stuff didn't. It was really lame that they didn't put all the cast members in one room. The solo or duo interviews were kind of lame. Congrats to Mario on getting married. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't already dating the girl when he came on the show if he got married the following october. I guess it would hurt his credibility so the producers told him to present it that way. Which brings me to my next point. If I were the head person for Batg4, I'd fire the casting people for season three. This is a little bold, but I'm definitely in the majority when I tell you people didn't relate to the cliquish, backstabbing nature of this season. People enjoy the show because it's a vacation from the cliques and abuse typical in high school and many social situations. It's a chance to show people who want to learn, improve and make strides.

I think that's all I have about this season. Now I'm one more year removed from the show, so I imagine life will return to even more normalcy soon. I did get recognized at dinner the other night and signed a cd for our waitresses daughter. That was kind of fun. No discount on the food though :( She waited til after we paid. Doh. Hopefully they pull it together for next season and/or do an all stars season. That'd be so awesome. Cheers.
Joe

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All star season or just a show or competition WOULD be awesome! Can you imagine the personalities and situations!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

i was just brainstorming. an all star season where the geeks have to plan like a party/prom/wedding and the beauties would have to... i don't know. Invent something? Build a computer from scratch? Beat an A player at chess? Ok so I don't really have any good ideas, but it was fun to brainstorm.
Joe

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All stars would be nice or change the roles, geek girls and beauty boys!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Rob Olson said...

I agree, right from the start I didn't like the cast this season as much as last year. Didn't Cher have a hand in picking the cast this year? CC was such a bit**. Some of the guys this year were really cool like Mario, Scooter and Nate. I felt like Sheree must have cheated to get on the show because she seemed like Cher v2.

Can't wait for season 4. :)

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blog post tagged

11:45 AM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

what does this last comment mean? i followed the link but don't understand. one free hug for anyone who can explain. cheers.
Joe

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing to do with anything. I just think you're awesome. =]

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home