Thursday, January 18, 2007

Two updates in one week?!

Hey guys-

Just got back from watching batg3 w/ nadia and erin at a place called the debonair social club. I really dig the girls' honesty about things. They're calling other people from the show different names while we watch and telling us fun little stories. I'm not sure what I can or can't reveal unfortunately. This most recent episode definitely gave you more insight into the personalities of the people on the show and probably why they picked some of them. I have to reiterate, I'm so glad the girls on our season wanted to learn and weren't super competetive (for the most part). In fact, the producers didn't like us for that aspect. on another note, i heard cher and wes are no longer an item. im sad to hear this as they are both great people.

i'm starting to feel better now from the surgery. still a little congested, but definitely manageable. i started wearing a scarf to keep warmer, but i still haven't gotten used to it. ok that's all i have for complaining.

thanks to everyone who still wastes their time reading this blog. it seriously must be the most boring thing ever. my writing isn't great. i feel like i write like a computer would, very logical and dry (and that's even a compliment). if you want to know more about anything, drop me a line on myspace or facebook. you guys are resourceful, i'm sure you can find me. i respond to everything, although not always right away.

oh ya. if im not lazy tomorrow, i'm going to fill out an app for karl and i to be on the amazing race. i think it'd be fun as hell. he's a marathon runner and awesome dude, so we'd get along super well. we're both competetive, but not enough to start throwing camel dung at each other... at least i hope not. ok it's 3 am. im going to bed. you guys rock!
Joe

11 Comments:

Blogger GatorGirlintheCity said...

You and Karl would be great on The Amazing Race!

I've been watching the new season of BATG. Nadia is my fave "Beauty", but some of the girls just rub me the wrong way. Now I'm smart enough to realize that editing can make things appear a certain way, but geez--some of these girls are something else.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you're a Chicago boy, but I'm a New Orleans girl, so I had to say: GEAUX SAINTS!!

-carlie

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jack Le Moine said...

I am not enjoying this season as much as I enjoyed B&G the first two seasons. The people this time are so shallow and the contests so contrived. I mean did that painting contest really show that the guys didn't listen to girls as they should, or did it show that they thought they were in a competition the object of which was to produce the best painting?

On another note, and only because you're interested in chess, you should check out Susan Polgar's chess blog at susanpolgar.blogspot.com. It is really one cool blog for anybody who has the least interest in chess.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, The Amazing Race?? That would be awesome! Go for it... you never know unless you try, yea?

And it's not a waste of time reading your blog - it's interesting. Just to see how things are going for you, post B&TG.

Take Care,
Barb

11:13 AM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

So I blew it. Didn't get the amazing race app in on time. Stinks because it would have been a blast. They probably don't want reality people though because there were questions on the app about being on tv before. But I'm sure other opportunities will arise.

I wanted to let you guys know that one of the producers from batg2 is producing a show on vh1 about pickup artists. there's an open casting call in chicago I believe. I saw it on chicago.craigslist.org under tv/film job section. so if anyone knows someone that would benefit or is interested, you should audition.

that's it for now. i'll post something soon. in fact, i still haven't seen last night's episode. I might do that now. have a super day!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

Good question. I believe, but don't quote me, that there are stipulations in the contract that prohibit communication before the airdate, at least to some extent to make sure you don't talk about the outcome of the show. The difficulty is that they also need the contestants to coordinate promotions and parties for the premiere. I remember them (don't recall who the 'them' is) telling us we could talk to each other, just should not talk about the show/outcome. I know we talked prior to the show; even hung out together. We were nervous at first, as are all the cast members because they can potentially sue you for 5 mil or something insane like that. It's just to insure the integrity of the show isn't compromised. I also know people from this season spoke to each other prior to the premiere. Some people might say that as an excuse so they don't/didn't screw up. Or more likely, they don't want to talk to certain people but don't specify why.

so I must say, I really enjoyed the last episode. the survivor style contest made for a fun time, except for that drew and erin lost (chicago people). I should point out that the cruise idea was actually something we talked about regularly on our season. doing a cruise reunion if the season would'nt do it. we talked about spending the winnings on something like that. oh well. ok i'll post something new soon.
Joe

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

Hi Joe! I'm a big fan of the show...i'll look you up on ICC. it's cool that you guys hang out after the show. just found this blog yesterday so i'm gonna check it out. did they give sarah a bonus for all the times they replayed the nipple shot? ;)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Hi Joe! I'm a big fan of the show...i'll look you up on ICC. it's cool that you guys hang out after the show. just found this blog yesterday so i'm gonna check it out. did they give sarah a bonus for all the times they replayed the nipple shot? ;)

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home