Thursday, July 06, 2006

Back to Sunny Cali

So I recently returned to Los Angelos to visit some friends among other things. It was crazy how much I remembered my way around still from being in the mansion almost a year ago. For those interested, season two filmed for most of october last year. Btw, season 3 just finished taping. the finale was last friday i understand. Rumor has it this season will be a lot crazier, but I honestly have no idea. Our season, in hindsight, was particularly tame, since we all got along so well. And only one hookup with Wes and Cher, who I understand are still happily dating and living in LA. I unfortunately wasn't able to meet up with them, though I did meet up with Chris. I bought a couple of shirts from him that aren't even available to the public yet! I'm probably not supposed to talk about it, but check www.geekfitters.com for the latest. Also, he's been working on some cool projects as well that are really exciting.

Cool story time! While in LA, we decided to go to a taping of Jimmy Kimmel, cause we drove by the theater and saw a sign with the number to call for tix. I asked for 4 tickets and got them for that night! So while waiting in line, they handed out blue sheets of paper where we could write the best joke about Rush Limbaugh getting caught with viagara illegally. The top three made it on air to tell their joke during the monologue. And guess what? MINE GOT PICKED! The joke goes as follows:

When authorities arrested Rush Limbaugh at the airport, they told him to 'stick em up', but were apparently 4 hours too late!

I couldn't think of any good jokes in line, but when my buddy laughed at that one, I knew it was good enough. Anyhow, so I was on TV again and it felt good. They said it takes 160 people to run his show each weekday. That's nuts. But then again, I think batg took a lot too. Probably 50+. I still talk to some of the people from the 'crew' side of the show. In fact, I met up with some for lunch and we traded stories about the show and cast. It was fun. I also had dinner with Kevin, who is the host of G4's Attack of the Show. He was exceptionally nice. I guess I met him at a charity event the Sunday before as well, but we didn't have long to chat. I was surprised at how knowledgable he was on tech things since I thought he was just a well spoken host. His gf is a really cool chick too; models in LA and is now featured in Target commercials.

My buddy who I went to LA swears he saw Ron Jeremy pull out of the condo building next to where we were staying. I have no reason to believe otherwise, so that was kind of cool.

We did way too much shopping in LA. I found a Ben Sherman store, which is like designer clothes heaven for me. It's all Brit's fault. She got me a Ben Sherman shirt during our makeovers and now I love their clothes. It's an expensive affinity, but I really appreciate the originality in their designs.

There was a place on Santa Monica beach called the lobster that had an amazing tuna dish, with cavier on top and a side salad with scallops and shrimp. so good. Also played some chess there a couple times. I hadn't lost until this Master came over and then got my butt beat Still won a couple.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

I stumbled across the below link at the official forum. Could you tell me if this is Sarah's boyfriend?

I know you met him when they came to Chicago.

http://www.fotothing.com/ftlauderdaleeric/photo/643f09e8a86f9ebdc2014aa2ee05261a/

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is not Sarah's boyfriend. He is Asian.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

no that's not him. sorry. sarah was supposed to come down to chicago last week with her bf and a bunch of people but ended up having other obligations. i think i might be going to florida at some point, so i'll see her then.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, Be sure to post some pics when you get back.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home