Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Dear Anonymous

Hey all. Hope you're having a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Just got back from the Sox game. I'm going again tomorrow. While I do root for both Chicago teams, I find it much easier to be a Sox fan. In the batg2 mansion, I begged them for a radio so I could listen to the games. Karl and I were glued to it.

I appreciate all the comments to my previous post and for reading this boring ass blog. I'll try to clarify some points, as I have no problem initiating a dialogue. As for grammar, it's quite funny because I pride myself on using proper grammar, although i was getting lazy with the journal. I'll try to work on it for next time.

As for all the stuff with Brittany, she and I are still very good friends. We hang out regularly and talk about all sorts of things. I also see Karl, Amanda and Danielle often as well. Last friday, a couple of us went out for some drinks in Chicago. I met up with Chris the other day as well, which was awesome. He's a funny dude, cracks me up. In short, for as bad as I might seem in my journal, on tv and in this blog, the people who were actually there in the mansion would probably strongly disagree with you.

I don't really have time to respond to all the remarks, unless of course anonymous would like to join me for a drink or a sox game or even a brief phone chat. I think you'll find that if you get to know me, I'm not nearly the egomaniac that has been described. The premise of the blog is to give people insight into some thoughts during the show via my journal and to fill in what the episodes didn't cover, while also letting people know about life post batg2. I was always curious to understand how real reality tv is and hoped the journal would help clarify some of that. Unfortunately, some of you have taken my remarks much more seriously than they were intended. That's all I really have to say. But I thank you for reading and having an opinion. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have posted anything, but if just one person benefitted from reading the blog, then I'm happy.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe!

I haven't read your blog for a while, I've been on vacation. I'm glad to see that you're doing well, and I for one, have benefitted from your blog! Keep it going!

-Max the Math Major from Canada

1:14 PM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

Hey Max-
Thanks for your kind words. I'm taking a break from doing some math now. Just finished a nice little jog as well.

Where did u vacation to? I just got back from CA. I'm going to post on it here soon.
Thanks again.
Joe

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, don't feel the need to justify yourself and/or your blog to anyone. You know you're a great person, most of us know you're a great person, and whoever wants to believe otherwise doesn't deserve any kind of response for their ignorance.

I hope you have a great summer and enjoy yourself and all that you have. Don't worry about the haters, the rest of us know the real deal :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

carlie-
that's very kind of you. i appreciate it. i do appreciate when people have negative things to say about me, because it helps me grow and look at myself more objectively. I love learning, whether it's about myself or some random topic.

Anyhow, I'm going to post some stuff about my recent trip to CA soon and maybe about my 4th of july weekend. so stay tuned!!!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here anonymous. Joe attempts to defend himself by claiming that "the people who where actually there in the mansion would probably strongly disagree with you." Ha, that's laughable. I know 4 members of the cast that would agree that Joe has ridiculous illusions of grandeur. I love how he tries to defend balling like a baby by remaking that "it seems to be the general consensus" that "everyone" wanted him to win." Ha, has he seen myspace? Josh and Cher have the largest fan group out of all the Beauties and Geeks, even larger than the main Beauty and the Geek group, keep kidding yourself Joe, where's your fan club? http://groups.myspace.com/ilovejoshandcher

Also, the only thing that saved Joe was that he was partnered up with sweet, lovable Brittany. Had he been partnered up with one of the other girls, he'd be singing a different tune.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Joe Block said...

hey anonymous-
thanks for reading my blog. it's a shame that you don't identify yourself, even to me personally. it would lend you much more credibility.

I took into consideration your claims that I'm an egomaniac and have been working at being more humble. So I appreciate all the constructive criticism. I think however if you did have the chance to hang out with me, you'd see I'm not as bad a person as you'd like to believe. I'm still waiting for a phone call, email, im or visit. If you know 4 members of the cast, I'm sure you can make that happen.

As for the claim that "the people who were in the mansion would disagree," it is fallible. I still hang out with and talk to a majority of the people from the show, who I consider good friends. Moreover, it's the people who I want to talk to. I also remain friends with some of the crew from the show. Furthermore, it is from them, who were in the control room for the finale, that I made that comment about rooting for brit and I, not from my general impressions or heresay. I unfortunately cannot identify them or what they said for obvious reasons. You can take it or leave it.

As for myspace, that's not a barometer and it's almost laughable that you would view it as such. My fanclub are my real life friends, not 'internet' friends. Maybe you should ask them how they feel about me?

As for your final comments, I couldn't have asked for a better partner for the show than Brit. We're still very good friends and talk almost daily. I was never there for the money; Brit made the whole experience worth while. So it was never about 'saving' me from being elminated, but about learning.

Thank you for taking the time to write, especially because this is the most boring blog ever. BUT!! I should have pics from the other night with Tristin on here soon!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home