Friday, June 09, 2006

summer at last

this weekend looks to be quite busy. saturday, im going to the old town art fair and then to my bandmate's graduation party. the night is still open. sunday, i have a dance recital to attend and then going to have people over to watch entourage. the third season starts!! i still have to figure out my friday and saturday nights, but im sure i'll find something fun to do. suggestions?

i've been spending a lot of time at north ave beach. playing chess. getting some sun. i've been playing chess shirtless actually; im the only one who does it. but i don't care. may as well multi-task. i've been playing a lot better chess. against the A players at the beach, I'm playing them even.

so i got brit an internship with a casting company here in chicago. i met the guy at this rooftop party a little while back. played poker with him and a bunch of others til like 430 am. i won money that night too. i got 2nd the first game and won the 2nd game. they invited us back next time they have a party. hopefully she likes it. seems like a great company.

i hang with karl ocassionally but i haven't seen amanda or danielle that recently. amanda works crazy hours now and danielle sends me regular forward emails. that's the batg2 update i guess.

i haven't heard much about batg3 lately. i know a couple ppl trying out for it that are still in the running. it'd be cool to know someone that's going to be on it. i asked to be the host of the 3rd season but i should probably follow up on that to let them know im serious.

Gnome Attic is going well. the guys are tracking vocals downstairs as i write this. we have some shows coming up in joliet and chicago. should have a new cd soon too. exciting stuff. ok that's about it from my camp.
Joe

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://gnomeattic.blogspot.com/

Joe is seriously just a big sore loser. Can you sense his inflated ego? He's taking credit for so many things. Helping the girls carry bags? Everyone helped the girls carry their bags! Patting Amanda on the behind? (Curse this message board for not allowing me to swear.) Seriously, that's not a cool thing to do. It makes you into a pervert of some sort. Tyson's farewell speech? Joe's taking credit for that idea as well?

Joe, you're not the stud you think you are. America may love you for who they think you are, but your blog is edited by you, and well, in your own reality show, you definitely disappoint. You're lucky the producers didn't cast you as a villian, because you really are one.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3122402&st=2040

Oh my god! I was about to post a comment on the exact same quote from the Joe blog, which to me just really spells out how much of a jerk Joe is, and even almost justifies the loss of the eminently sweet Brittany -- I too had been rooting for a Brittany-Josh win, but als, if it means that hot cut nerdy Jewish manmeat winning... Yeah, I know it's creepy, just sayin'.

Anyway, I hate the way that in his blog he
(1) alternates between really valuing B. for her friendship and also obviously wanting a relationship
(2) his sense of entitlement, i.e. it's really unfortunate that this is not a dating show, b/c otherwise he'd get with one of the ladies, Amanda/Sarah/Brittany
(3) his total self-involvement: he doesn't want to talk bto B. at night out of some misguided illusion that this will transport her into her pants, but b/c he's on a mission to make her "more open to guys" Guys like who, I wonder?
(4) his total self-involvement: yeah, I know, but it bears repeating. That all these girls would benefit from dating a guy like him, that he knows he's oh-so-smart and not bad looking either, and as eloquently stated above, that Brittaany must be scared and self-co9nscious to reject his advances
(5) speaking of which, was I the only one creeped out by his constant remarkson the girls' looks? Someone (his roomate and B.) had to remind him to be more open, receptive, and warm to people? It's really too bad that the girls who recognize him at bars are not good-looking enough to match his exacting standards. I mean, he tbhought he had a chance with Amanda? B/c she lives around Chicago?!
(6) so, so dumb: I learned the difference between "its" and "it's" in elementary school. {But if I hadn't, as this pampered kid obviously didn't, I would hvae picked it up from the reading I do!} Plurals in English take alternately, and most usually, -s or -es. NO APOSTROPHE NECESSARY!!! In fact, forbidden and stupid! why the apostrophe? And you know, as a direct object or a prepositional object it's always ME!!!! Not between you and I, between you and Me. Not he saw that X and I; He saw thgat X and ME!


Woah. I went to a bad place there. I'm usually able to contain grammatical rage, but this guy so clearly thinks he has mastered all skills.... The English language does not number among them, I thought everyone should know. He's not a genius. He can't write well.

Man. Joe really did a number on me: I now like Karl a li'l less for hanging out with this jerk. And my White Soxc pride is plummeting.

And Joe: I'm onto you. You're probably not from the city and you started to claim the Sox ( as opposed to the Northside Cubs) when they atarted to win.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back off and get a life!! It was a fun show and Joe's a great guy!Especially in real life!! You don't even know him!!

Hello! It's a personal journal/blog. If you don't like it, bug off! 'nuff said!!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Joe's a great guy...all you have to do is read his blog to know how great of a guy he is, what with getting Brit an internship, helping the girls carry their bags, giving Tyson his farewell speech. What I like most about Joe is how humble he is.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! I think the person/people who ripped Joe a new one is/are out of line.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well since everyone is doing the annoymous thing, why not me too.

I think its rather hill-arious(yes I meant to spell it that way) that someone who gets all pissy about spelling mistakes makes 3!!! in his tirade. Goes to show what an idiot he really is.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home