Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Myspace considers buying OurSpace.com

So you know how you hear stories about sexual predators going onto myspace to abduct little kids. Let me just say that I think those people should be shot and killed. I know it's a little harsh, but their wiring is messed up and very seldom do you hear of a recovering child molester. I could be wrong, but I'm not.

How come you never hear about the chick with a kid who is using myspace to try to find a husband for her baby? That's what I want to know. I feel like I'm the one being abused here. I see a nice picture of her. She's got like an awesome dance song and lots of pretty customized backgrounds. And then you click more pictures and it's just like bam... all pictures of you and your kid. Now don't get me wrong, I love kids. I'm a little young to have kids for various reasons (including but not limited to my affinity for 10 minute hand stands until the blood rushes to my head and makes me knock myself over, sliding down bannisters and drinking from the milk carton). But here's what I'm thinking. Bear with me. We call it... OurSpace. A place for families. That's right, OurSpace. No more surprise pictures. No more isn't my kid so cute pictures. Not exactly the kind of threesome I had in mind. Sorry.

Which leads me to my next thought... Last night I went to the Gin Mill. Just to grab a quick drink or two. Well I was just about to wrap up the night (after said drink or two), when upon returning from the bafroom, I saw people in the back doing standup comedy. So I walked back there and started listening. It was quite amusing. Fastforward a couple hours, I'm not intoxicated and laughing hysterically. So then when this one guy goes on who just sucks, I start heckling him. But instead of heckling back, he just pauses and says nothing. And then the later comedians felt like they had to stick together and support this guy (and of course they're the only ones w/ the mics) so they started poking fun here and there at us, not realizing that we were their ONLY audience besides the other comics. But it was quite amusing.

So now I'm a kick thinking I can do standup. We all know this is proposterous, but it's something people have ocassionally suggested to me (thanks mom and dad). But here's the other untapped resource I realized... CHICKS! I have always wanted a funny gf. Why not go to the comedy hour to meet one then? And monday nights are tame enough that it's easy to approach people. So I finally put two and two together and decided im going to do the standup circuit... until they realize im just a short circuit (ok that was bad). but ya. There's something really attractive about a funny girl. I mean if you can laugh at your huge ass mole and your disfunctional family, what can't you laugh at in life? That's rhetorical.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry im the author of the first one and i forgot to proof read! ok im what you call a blond! hehe! so when i read the myspace thing and you said something about ourspace well i thought there was a ourspace thing! ( i thought it was like my space) so i went on it and there is a ourspace.com about something boring. you shouldn't say something like that. gosh! just kidding! hehe! leave me a comment!-Lindsey;)

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home